Ecotrust’s mission is to inspire fresh thinking that creates social equity, economic opportunity, and environmental well-being. For over two decades, Ecotrust has created, capitalized, and catalyzed innovative ways to restore environmental conditions while fostering economic opportunities in Salmon Nation, from Alaska to California.
We are seeking a Staff Accountant/HR Administrator who will be responsible for accounts payable, payroll, human resources administration activities, and cash receipts.
· Reviews invoices and check requests, assigns appropriate general ledger codes.
· Obtain authorized approvals.
· Process vendor payments, including wires and checks.
· Communicate with vendors to resolve invoice issues as needed.
· Review expense reports for accuracy. Code and post expense reports.
· Reconcile company credit card statements.
· Reconcile A/P to the GL.
· Maintain vendor and paid invoice files.
· Annual 1099 processing.
· Submit data to 3rd party payroll processor (Paychex) on a semi-monthly basis.
· Maintain payroll records including payroll registers and tax reports.
· Calculate accrued paid time off (PTO) for all employees.
· Prepare all payroll related journal entries including salary and fringe expense and PTO accruals.
· Provide payroll data required for Workers Compensation audits.
· Set up new employees in the time tracking system.
· Serve as point of contact for time tracking process. Include monitoring status of timecards, following up with employees if timecards are missing and/or incomplete, and assisting employees with any time entry issues they may have.
· Reconcile Payroll account.
· Administer enrollment process for all benefit plans.
· Serve as primary point of contact for employees for benefits related issues.
· Calculate, process, and reconcile semi-monthly 403(b) contributions for all employees.
· Work with plan administrator to complete the annual 403(b) compliance audit.
· Work with 3rd party brokers to prepare annual benefit plan reviews.
· Maintain reconciliations for employee benefits and flexible spending accounts.
· Update and maintain HR records.
· Log and generate copies of all checks received.
· Prepare deposits.
· Maintain petty cash drawer and credit card logs.
· Commitment to the Ecotrust mission.
· Undergraduate degree in Accounting.
· 2-3 years of applicable experience.
· Organization, strong detail orientation, and accuracy will be critical to this position.
· Intermediate Excel and Word skills (v-lookups, mail merge, etc.) a plus.
· Experience with Microsoft Dynamics SL a plus.
How To Apply:
Please follow these directions closely. Complete an Ecotrust Employment Application form (available as a PDF or Word DOC) and forward with a cover letter (1 page maximum) and resume to: email@example.com with this position’s title (Staff Accountant/HR Administrator) in the subject line by close of business on April 10, 2015.
All salaries are commensurate with experience and include an attractive benefits package.
Ecotrust is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or military or veteran status in accordance with federal law. In addition, Ecotrust complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment. Ecotrust also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.