The Event Coordinator will work with the Ecotrust Event Staff to assist and service events happening within the Jean Vollum Natural Capital Center (NCC). The Event Coordinator will be the clients’ main point of contact during events and ensure that clients’ audio/visual needs are met; be involved with event setup and breakdown: physical work is involved; provide light housekeeping and security for events. This is a part-time position, mainly weekends, weekday early mornings and evenings, and possibly additional weekday shifts. Additional hours are possible, based on the candidate’s flexibility with their schedule, performance, and ambition. This is a part-time, at-will position. The position starts in late May/early June and goes through September with a possibility of year-round shifts dependent upon performance. Qualified candidates must be an effective team player and committed to Ecotrust’s mission. This position is part-time, on-call, with variable hours including evenings and weekends. Estimated 6-30 hours per week.
Background: In the fall of 2001, Ecotrust moved its headquarters to the Jean Vollum Natural Capital Center, a historic 1895 building in the Pearl District restored using environmentally benign building practices. The building has become a gathering place and marketplace for the exchange of environmentally and socially responsible goods, services, and ideas for the Pacific Northwest and beyond. The NCC features environmentally sensitive construction, a community of tenants, and a very unique event center. The event center is an integral part of Ecotrust’s mission of encouraging the exchange of ideas for a sustainable future.
- Main point of contact for clients on the event day and providing outstanding customer service.
- Setup audiovisual equipment and troubleshoot as needed.
- Setup and tear-down for events, lifting and/or moving furniture; physical work is involved.
- Light housekeeping of event spaces, to include but not limited to: wiping down tables and chairs, cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming and mopping floors, taking out the trash, recycling, and composting, etc.
- Light office work.
- Building security (unlock and lockup).
- Administrative duties: database work in Sales Force, processing contracts, checks, insurance forms, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High level of customer service/client care required.
- Experience in events/catering required.
- Reliable, Responsible, and Respectable.
- Highly personable, proactive, and self motivated.
- Ability to prioritize as the situation demands.
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot as needed.
- Able to lift 50lbs or more. (Must be able to move conference center furniture on own.)
- Enthusiasm and knowledge about audio/visual equipment a plus.
- Work well in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to occasionally do repetitive tasks (setup/tear-down).
- Clean, organized, and attention to minute details.
How To Apply:
This is a part time, hourly position. Starting pay is: $13.00 an hour. Please follow these directions closely. Complete an Ecotrust Employment Application form (available above as a PDF or Word DOC) and forward with a cover letter (1 page maximum) and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with this position’s title in the subject line by close of business on the day of the application deadline listed above.
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
Ecotrust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse staff of qualified, highly-skilled, and creative individuals is necessary to achieve the vision and mission of the project. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who can contribute to the diversity of our workforce across a range of dimensions.